Rally is seeking a safety conscious Construction Supervisor with broad EPC experience in executing build projects safely and effectively in accordance with construction practices / benchmarks. The successful candidate will have proven experience supervising construction teams in executing and delivering construction work packages. The construction activities will take place at our client’s site in Fort Saskatchewan, AB, with work commencing in August 2022 and running for approximately one year. Key Activities and Responsibilities
Qualifications - Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Act as the client’s main contact for project construction activities, including maintaining site equipment maps and coordinating road closures.
- Provide constructability and modularization input to engineering design.
- Review budget and assist project manager to ensure adequate funds are available and spent appropriately to complete construction.
- Management of labor, parts, material, and equipment access, anticipating and eliminating potential delays to improve workforce productivity through improved resource planning.
- Facilitate and practice effective conflict management ensuring efficient construction execution.
- Supervise work at a schedule level and at an activity level if a construction coordinator is not available.
- Assist in providing input for development of construction work packages and Installation work packages.
- Construction resource management, including review and signing of timecards, etc.
- Implement and provide suggestions to continually improve construction execution (processes and procedures) to ensure that construction activities meet expectations including safety, quality control and schedule compliance.
- Review of contractor performance and provide feedback to supply chain.
- Monitor, identify, address, and escalate compliance problems to the Superintendent for resolution.
- Complete ongoing construction status reporting to stakeholders.
- Facilitate between contractors and all onsite service providers / stake holders.
- Ensure all Construction field personnel are trained, competent, experienced and understand their accountabilities as they relate to the project.
- Support client’s objectives to deliver zero harm to employees, environment, and neighboring communities by providing comprehensive job planning and execution for all project construction work.
- Conduct and facilitate Job Hazard Assessment review meetings and ensure JHA documents are approved and distributed.
- Ensure client HSE policies and procedures are followed by all parties involved.
- Conduct Safety systems interaction and leadership intervention on a regular basis.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, a diploma in engineering technology, Journeyman in piping, millwrighting or power engineering certification.
- 10-15 years of industrial construction experience.
- Construction Supervisor experience as well as industrial, mining, processing, and manufacturing experience.
- Proficient computer skills dealing with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Knowledge of Construction and maintenance safe work practices, performance measures, planning and scheduling tools and techniques.
- Skill set to understand engineering documents, such as P&IDs, SLDs, General arrangement drawings, piping isometrics and similar drawings with physical assets is preferred.
- Skill set to develop/ review CWPs and IWPs.
- Knowledge of Pressure Equipment safety regulation, Canadian Electrical code, and safety code.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), administrative and coaching skills.
- Understanding of HSE and emergency response practices, procedures, and tactics. Knowledge of provincial and federal safety and environment legislation to ensure that regulations are met.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal, decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven commitment to, and focus on, safety with zero tolerance for shortcuts.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction, industry practices, estimating / budgeting, scheduling, and safety requirements.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills to work with dynamic and diverse groups, facilitate effective meetings, explore varying perspectives, hold others accountable, and align and lead a team to drive the project.
- Established reputation for consistently meeting commitments.
- Use of metrics in the measurement and management of performance to support decisions.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driver's abstract.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company. Please apply with a cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd) and resume.We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME, PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2022
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2022