This role will oversee the day-to-day activities and development of the Company’s finance / accounting department. As a member of the corporate services team this role is responsible for the management, development and communication of the Company’s financial performance and its impact on strategic objectives. If you are an enthusiastic leader and motivated initiative-taker seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to submit your resume. Key Responsibilities & Duties
Keys for Success
- Reconciling and reviewing financial and operating records / statements; ensure financial accounting and reporting adheres to accepted accounting principles (GAAP/IFRS) and corporate policies.
- Complete financial analysis and reporting for improved debt management, trend identification, liabilities management, compliance, cashflow, communication and data access.
- Ensuring compliance with the Canadian Income Tax Act, Excise Tax Act, and other provincially and federally regulated / legislated requirements.
- Identify risks in accounting policies and develop procedures for mitigation.
- Implement and lead Company’s financial strategy, report financial projections and trends critical to the Company’s financial performance.
- Manage general ledger, account reconciliations, and monthly closing procedures.
- Oversee and review A/R, A/P, and payroll.
- Recruit, train, manage staff, and provide technical direction to ensure consistency, quality, and adherence to best practice and Company procedures.
- Solid business acumen. Understand the influence that procedures and policies have on the Company’s strategic objectives. Adept at translating strategic business objectives into individual goals and processes.
- Experience managing multiple companies and business units.
- Experience and success in coaching, mentoring, and delegation to direct reports for their vocational performance and development.
- Effective communication skills in English (verbal and written) with a tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner.
- Manage change and shifting priorities.
- Expertise with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and varied accounting software programs (experience with Microsoft Business Central ERP would be an asset).
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA).
- 5+ years of experience in a Controller role, or equivalent position.
- Strong leadership, analytical and communication skills.
Rally Engineering offers the opportunity to participate in world-class projects delivering fit-for-purpose solutions and systems. Our expertise in oil sands, refining, petrochemicals, pipeline segments and renewables is extensive and growing. Covering both operational and engineering needs Rally offers a high degree of experience, technical knowledge, skill, innovation, and attention to detail on all our projects. Rally is a Canadian-owned and operated company built on a foundation of quality services, trust, effective communication, and respect. Rally values the entrepreneurial spirit that leads to innovation, stronger families, and greater diversity. Visit us at www.RallyEng.comApply
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply, however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Expiration Date: Sunday, March 27, 2022