Rally Engineering is looking for an Executive Assistant that will report directly to the General Manager / President located at Rally's Head Office in Sherwood Park, AB. The ideal candidate is an organized, innovative, team contributor, reacts appropriately to urgent situations that require a quick turnaround and takes effective action accordingly. If you are a highly motivated, self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills and are seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to apply. Keys Responsibilities & Duties:
Qualifications - Education, Skills and Experience:
- Executive / Administrative Support: provide executive and administrative support to General Manager / President in addition to other duties as required.
- Gatekeeper: function as an all-around gatekeeper for contacts (colleagues and clients); maintain strong interpersonal relationships with all leadership levels. Keep General Manager / President organized, informed, and prepared through effective time prioritization and task management. Flag issues requiring immediate attention.
- Scheduling & Calendar Management: strategically organize meetings, events, and tasks to optimize time and productivity. Provide daily briefings and ensure day-to-day priorities, breaks, meeting preparation / debriefs are layered into the schedule.
- Email Management: implement and maintain email filing system (retention rules / policies, auto-direct, etc.) to accurately identify high-priority emails, streamline email communications, and keep inbox organized in support of GM’s individual productivity preferences. Monitor inbox, time sheet approval, draft email correspondence, and respond according to assigned authority.
- Plan & Execute Meetings: organize all meeting types (executive team, board, client, etc.). Prepare for meetings, gather, and disseminate documentation, prepare agenda, take minutes, send recaps and next step action items to attendees, ensure appropriate IT resources and refreshments in support of efficient meeting facilitation.
- Manage Communications: oversee all incoming / outgoing communications (emails, phone calls, internal correspondence) and prepare, draft, proofread, execute accurate business correspondence. Facilitate active communication between all management levels and function as a liaison as required.
- Travel Coordination: ensure a smooth experience through coordination of flights, transportation, lodging, and prepare detailed travel itineraries (including time zone information, layovers, incidental travel time, and time blocks for presentation preparation).
- Event Planning: assist with planning and execution of various internal company events (team building, employee appreciation, client events, etc.) in addition to external Rally community sponsored events.
- Create Expense Reports: review and match expense receipts against associated corporate expense charges; ensure expenses meet company policies and submittal deadlines.
- Corporate Project Management: execute corporate projects / initiatives as assigned by the GM/President, which may involve various company stakeholders in different departments; create well-organized project timelines to keep projects on track for completion by the target deadline date.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Completion of a two-year technical or college certificate in office / business administration.
- 5 – 10+ years’ experience in an executive support role or an administrative role with increasing levels of support and accountability for senior-level leaders, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proven customer service in dealing with colleagues and clients in a highly professional manner.
- Efficiency in appointment coordination and planning, demonstrated capacity to prioritize and clarify what is required, when, and for whom.
- Demonstrated diplomacy coupled with an even temperament.
- Experience with drafting and editing professional communication (verbal and written) for various audiences.
- Demonstrated time management skills, ability to meet demanding deadlines with shifting priorities.
- Effective utilization of organizational technology / systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision through self-motivation, resourcefulness, and dependability.
- Effectual teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent business acumen; known for exercising tact, sound judgement, and prioritization.
- Trustworthy – practice discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Good attention to detail and flexible approach to work responsibilities.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new software.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Expiration Date: Monday, July 4, 2022