The HVAC Engineer reports to the Mechanical Department Head at the Rally Office based in Sherwood Park.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to submit your resume.Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Qualifications - Education, Skills and Experience:
- Prepare scopes of work for mechanical designs (HVAC /Utilities /Plumbing /Fire Protection) for new and existing facilities/buildings based on preliminary scope of work and client meetings.
- Prepare engineering studies, preliminary design sketches and detail designs for HVAC/Utilities /Plumbing /Fire Protection systems.
- Prepare calculations such as heating and cooling loads, equipment sizing, design of building domestic water distribution and sanitary /storm drainage systems.
- Write technical specifications for HVAC equipment, network paths in compliance with identified industry standards and applicable regulations.
- Review the work of the project design teams, checks the work progress and notify scope changes or additional services.
- Coordinates all aspects of project deliverables, documents completion, with clients and other stakeholders.
- Manage design budgets based on the project scope, assess and report engineering progress.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional registration with APEGA.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in industrial ventilation control in workplace environments, general HVAC design for industrial and commercial applications that meet customer needs and comply with industry regulations and standards.
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication is required.
- Initiative, motivation, and good people skills to work with peers as well as both internal and external customers in a team environment.
- Soft skills – such as communication, multi tasking, shifting priorities, meeting deadlines, leading, managing, coaching, organizing, customer services, teamwork, collaboration, etc.
Rally Engineering offers the opportunity to participate in world-class projects delivering fit-for-purpose solutions and systems. Our expertise in oil sands, refining, petrochemicals, pipeline segments and renewables is extensive and growing. Covering both operational and engineering needs Rally offers a high degree of experience, technical knowledge, skill, innovation, and attention to detail on all our projects. Rally is a Canadian-owned and operated company built on a foundation of quality services, trust, effective communication, and respect. Rally values the entrepreneurial spirit that leads to innovation, stronger families, and greater diversity. Visit us at www.RallyEng.comJoin Our Team and Discover
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Expiration Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2023