Human Resources Manager
We are seeking a Human Resources professional to manage and implement the strategic objectives of management through recruitment and hiring, training, and development. To improve employee relations, maintain the company culture, administer employee benefits, address disciplinary actions and steward a safe working environment.Position Summary
- Utilize internally developed application portal to screen potential candidates for hire.
- Administer the hiring and onboarding process for new hires.
- Develop and review job description and posting for all positions.
- Participate in market surveys and evaluating the competitiveness of the compensation structure.
- Actively develop and administer training schedules and career paths for all employees. Prepare and develop succession plans for key leadership positions.
- Work with Department Heads and Leadership in identifying development opportunities for all staff.
- Assist and audit annual evaluations for completion, continuous improvement, and growth opportunities.
- Develop and administer rhythms of communication between the leadership's strategic objectives and employees.
- Identify policy deviations and gaps and develop solutions with key stakeholders.
- Identify, mitigate. and resolve employee concerns.
- Develop internal newsletters and other communications ensuring consistent and informative messaging.
- Facilitate and organize company events.
- Act as administrator for Employee Benefits.
- Review benefit offerings on a regular basis to ensure competitiveness in the market, and in alignment with managements objectives.
- Assist managers with disciplinary actions ensuring all documentation are accurate, completed and accessible.
- Work with Health, Safety and Environmental team in developing and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Develop and administer team building opportunities.
- Administer employee recognition and service awards.
- Works closely with Senior Management Team (General Manager; Manager, Business Development Manager, Projects; Manager Engineering), Discipline Department Heads and Support Services (HR, HSE, ACC, IT, ADMIN).
Established Procedures & Values
- Anticipate changes and develop needs as the company grows.
- Balancing employee expectations with Rally management strategic objectives.
Independence of Actions
- Work is completed in compliance with established policies, procedures, and standards.
- The Human Resources Manager will act with professionalism, integrity, empathy, openness, and honesty.
- Operates with a degree of autonomy in relation to the day-to-day execution of position, duties; final authority resides with General Manager and in line with existing chain of command.
Education and Professional Affiliation & Experience
- Human Resources team provides direction to leadership and acts as the communication arm of the leadership team.
Keys for Success
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources Designation.
- Post-Secondary Education and related work experience.
- Expertise in industry.
Join our Team and Discover
- Clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Promote cooperation and commitment within teams for attainment of common goals.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills to assist in making timely and informed decisions; use of creativity and strategy to overcome obstacles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proven ability in leadership and project management - client-service midset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage internal relationships.
- An understanding or a willingness to understand the internal structure of the industry or client.
- Ability to identify, articulate, and manage expectations.
- Understand the balancing of interests and business objectives during the life cycle of a growing organization.
- Strong presentation skills.
Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.Apply
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Expiration Date: Friday, November 11, 2022