Instrumentation & Controls Department Head
Rally is seeking a senior engineering professional to lead our Instrumentation and Controls Department, reporting to the Manager of Engineering.
The successful candidate will possess engineering, design, and leadership skills to effectively manage a team of I&C engineers and designers and provide support and expertise to our project teams and our clients. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, other disciplines, vendors, and contractors is essential.Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Sets strategic direction for the Instrumentation and Controls department in alignment with the company’s overall business goals.
- Hires and supervises discipline engineers and designers, as well as provides leadership, guidance, and support on technical issues.
- Reviews and implements staffing plans for the discipline by assigning qualified personnel to projects and ensuring an appropriate mix of skills and experience to support project requirements.
- Works with the Project Manager and Project Discipline Leads to provide guidance to improve project performance.
- Participates, reviews, and approves discipline related project specific job instructions and engineering-hour estimates in support of the development of engineering proposals.
- Provides reviews and verifications of key I&C technical deliverables including but not limited to P&IDs, 3D models for instrument location, instrument datasheets, interconnection diagrams, instrument installation drawings, equipment lists, instrument index and I/O lists, cable schedule, control philosophy, system architecture, and functional descriptions/control narratives.
- Ensure conformance with relevant regulatory codes and standards as well as project standards and guidelines such that the deliverables are constructible, operable, and maintainable while meeting project objectives.
- Ensure QA/QC for all I&C deliverables.
- Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions and coordinates specific training plans to develop both technical and leadership skills for discipline staff.
- Act as a Responsible Member as per the company Professional Practice Management Plan (PPMP).
Join Our Team and Discover
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a Diploma from a 2 year technology program in Instrumentation & Controls, from an accredited post secondary institution with a minimum of 15 years’ work experience in instrumentation and controls or equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- In depth knowledge of engineering protocols and proficiency in brownfield design.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or a Professional Licensee Engineer (P.L.Eng.) in the Province of Alberta.
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing technical teams within oil and gas, and design in multi-discipline EPC environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and control systems technology, design, PCS, and PLC hardware.
- Understanding of codes and governing regulations and industry practices.
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail in all areas of work, with a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities to ensure project deliverables and timelines are met.
- Sound technical judgment and skill.
- Effective communication skills in English (verbal and written) and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a project team environment.
- Strong negotiation, problem solving, and conflict management skills.
- Anticipates change and manages shifting priorities in a multi-tasked environment to meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Embraces a learning environment with a focus on obtaining knowledge and increasing technical competencies.
- Adheres to and promotes the project safety culture.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd)We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2022
Expiration Date: Thursday, June 30, 2022