Instrumentation & Controls Engineers
We are seeking motivated self-starters and team contributors with 5+ years progressive experience. Successful candidates will be stationed in our Calgary office for a term of approximately 4-months (mid-August to mid-December 2019) with the possibility of extension.The Role
Our client has developed models to monitor and predict the performance and health of process equipment (pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, etc.); the next step is to apply these template models to 600+ existing assets and provide the tag mapping for selected scope (missing inputs will also be identified) including:
Keys for Success
- Search and retrieval of relevant drawings from a document system.
- Review of P&IDs and vendor prints, to identify specific tags identified in the models, and map these to a database.
- Identify if key tags are missing or are local indication only.
- Demonstrated experiencing locating relevant P&IDs in document system.
- Experience reading / understanding P&IDs, vendor prints and other drawings to identify instrument tags, and differentiate between local PLC or DCS-connected instruments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English coupled with the ability to work effectively in a team or independently.
- Proven ability to successfully meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Organized, attentive to details and high proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Join Our Team and Discover
- Graduate of post-secondary engineering program and registration with applicable governing body.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract for project-related travel (as required).
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: TEMPORARY
Locations: Calgary OfficeSuite 640, 202 6th Avenue SWCalgary, AlbertaCanadaT2P 2R9
Posted: Friday, August 2, 2019
Expiration Date: Friday, August 30, 2019