Int. Mechanical Engineer
Rally Engineering Inc. is seeking P. Eng. for a secondment assignment (based on work from home) for a client site in Joffre, Alberta. The candidate is a motivated self-starter and team contributor, with 5-10 years’ progressive engineering experience preferably within an EPCM / industrial plant environment.
Successful candidate will work within a team providing technical support to operations and construction teams; work collaboratively with others to provide sound engineered solutions to solve operational issues and provide field-level support to ensure repairs / installations are performed as specified. Additional accountabilities include:
- Develop engineering designs and work packages based on ASME/API code, client’s internal standards, and industry best practices.
- Plan and prioritize to make timely decisions on projects; manage competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Provide support to construction teams, ensuring prompt, precise resolution of construction deficiencies in the field.
- Engage with contractors and commissioning teams in start up and commissioning for major mechanical / piping systems.
- Previous owner / field engineering experience is an asset. Static equipment, API Tanks or Water Treatment experience is an asset.
This position is based on work from home (WFH). The candidate will be expected to work at the Joffre site for about 80% of the time for the first 4-6 weeks and then about 1-2 trips to Joffre site per month for the remainder of the duration.
KEYS FOR SUCCESS
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension.
- Schedule: anticipated work schedule is 40-hours / week, Monday to Friday.
- Motivated self-starter with a positive, solutions and safety-focused mindset (safety as a core value).
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented – you work effectively within a team, sharing experience, resources, knowledge and prioritize through active collaboration.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
JOIN OUR TEAM AND DISCOVER
- 4-year degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited university.
- Must be registered with APEGA.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company executing small to mid-sized brownfield and greenfield projects, with a focus on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
- Enduring client relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, mutual trust, effective communication, and respect.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd!).
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2023
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 31, 2023