Int. Mechanical Project Engineer
The Int. (Mechanical) Project Engineer will report to the Lead Project Manager at the client based Western Canada site. This role will be a Project Manager for several projects, such as installing Motor Operated Valves (MOVs), replacement of gangways on loading racks and upgrades to fire suppressant foam piping on petroleum storage tanks.
The position is in a secondment role working directly under the care and control of Rally’s client. Work can be executed remotely – it is not necessary to commute to the client facility on a daily basis. Occasional travel (2-5 days per month) to the client site is expected.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to submit your resume.Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Qualifications - Education, Skills and Experience:
- Support development of request for proposal (RFI) scope, clarifications, award documents and project execution, construction strategy.
- Interface and coordinate with select EPC firms toward successful execution of engineering design phase.
- Manage (in coordination with EPC contractor) the development and implementation of work breakdown structures, engineering progress and cost monitoring system.
- Ensure that project is completed on schedule meeting owner’s quality standards within the baseline man hour budgets and schedule.
- Ensure appropriate risk and constructability reviews are performed.
- Provide day-to-day support to construction team, ensuring prompt, precise resolution of construction deficiencies in the field.
- Engage with contractors and commissioning teams in start up and commissioning for major mechanical / piping systems.
- Creating Create engineering designs to resolve issues arising during construction.
- Coordinate with Client to ensure timely receipt and delivery of information.
- Essential Experience: developing Review of engineering work packages based on ASME industry code, client’s internal standards, and industry best practices.
- Previous site-based experience – an asset.
- Duration: anticipated to start August 1; initial term of 14-months with possibility of extension.
- Schedule: anticipated work schedule is 40-hours / week, Monday to Friday.
- Mechanical or Industrial Degree in Engineering through an accredited post-secondary institution.
- P. Eng. designation preferred; PMP an asset.
- 3-10 years experience
- Experience with ASME and / or API codes.
- Expertise with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and …
- Soft skills – such as communication, multi tasking, shifting priorities, meeting deadlines, leading, managing, coaching, organizing, customer services, teamwork, collaboration, etc.
Rally Engineering offers the opportunity to participate in world-class projects delivering fit-for-purpose solutions and systems. Our expertise in oil sands, refining, petrochemicals, pipeline segments and renewables is extensive and growing. Covering both operational and engineering needs Rally offers a high degree of experience, technical knowledge, skill, innovation, and attention to detail on all our projects. Rally is a Canadian-owned and operated company built on a foundation of quality services, trust, effective communication, and respect. Rally values the entrepreneurial spirit that leads to innovation, stronger families, and greater diversity. Visit us at www.RallyEng.comJoin Our Team and Discover
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired
Employment Type: PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2023