Int./Sr. Mechanical Engineer
(must be registered with APEGA) who is motivated self-starter and team contributors, with 5-12 years’
progressive engineering experience within an EPCM / industrial plant environment. Successful candidate will be committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs to our client, with a demonstrated willingness to learn and excel in a fast-paced environment.
KEYS FOR SUCCESS
- Provide day-to-day support to construction team, ensuring prompt, precise resolution of construction deficiencies in the field.
- Engage with contractors and commissioning teams in start up and commissioning for major mechanical / piping systems.
- Creating engineering designs to resolve issues arising during construction.
- Coordinate with Client to ensure timely receipt and delivery of information.
- Essential Experience: developing engineering work packages based on ASME code, client’s internal standards, and industry best practices. Previous owner / operator – site-based experience – an asset.
- Work Location: client site (Fort Saskatchewan, AB)
- Duration: anticipated to start early November; initial term of 6-months with possibility of extension to 12-months.
- Schedule: anticipated work schedule is 40-hours / week, Monday to Friday.
- COVID-19: While there are currently no client requirements to be vaccinated and / or show proof of a negative RAS (rapid antigen screen) test, we cannot provide any assurance this may not be required in future. Should the client require proof of vaccination and / or a negative RAS in future, successful candidate must be compliant with this requirement to remain eligible for this site-based assignment (any time or costs associated with RAS testing is the responsibility of the successful candidate).
- Manage competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Safety-focused mindset (safety as a core value).
- Proficiency in managing shifting priorities in a multi-tasked environment and making timely decisions, which consider competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail, and a focus on exceling in a fast-paced environment.
JOIN OUR TEAM AND DISCOVER
- 4-year degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited university.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company executing small to mid-sized brownfield and greenfield projects, with a focus on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
- Enduring client relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, mutual trust, effective communication, and respect.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd!).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME, TEMPORARY, PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Calgary OfficeSuite 640, 202 6th Avenue SWCalgary, AlbertaCanadaT2P 2R9Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5Fort McMurrayFort McMurray, AlbertaCanadaRed Deer Office4915 54 StreetRed Deer, AlbertaCanadaT4N 2G7
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2021
Expiration Date: Sunday, November 21, 2021