Intermediate Electrical Engineer
We are seeking a motivated self-starter and team contributor to join our Sherwood Park office. You bring 7-10 years progressive engineering experience, within an EPCM / industrial plant environment, are committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs, and have demonstrated experience / proficiency with:
Keys for Success
- Performing conceptual, basic, and detailed engineering design in accordance with project execution plan and design / regulatory guidelines.
- Providing leadership, guidance, and support on technical issues (mentor more junior engineers / designers).
- Defining and stewarding engineering scope of work and monitoring schedule, costs, quality (key drawings, design concepts, calculations, etc.).
- Interfacing with all project team members and Client representatives; coordinating with Clients to ensure timely receipt and delivery of information.
- Preparing reports / estimates (example: man-hour estimates, deliverable lists, and discipline lead status reports).
- Experience in electrical studies such as short circuit and load flow analysis, motor starting, protection coordination, arc flash study, grounding study, etc., and the utilization of industry software (ETAP and SKM Power Tools).
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Canadian Electrical Code; familiarity with industry codes and standards applicable with the discipline, e.g., IEEE, NEMA, NFPA, API, etc.
- Recognized leadership experience and proven ability to successfully:
- plan engineering work execution.
- prepare key deliverables.
- ensure conformance to established standards throughout project stages; and
- ensure QA/QC for all electrical deliverables are completed.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail; willingness and ability to excel in a flexible fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- Anticipating change, managing shifting priorities in a multi-tasked environment, and successfully meeting project deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
- Expertise with MS Office suite of products; Outlook, Word, Excel, and industry software.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Electrical Engineering degree through an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registration with the provincial governing body as a professional engineer (P.Eng.); engineering stamp required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract for project-related travel.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Expiration Date: Sunday, June 27, 2021