Intermediate Pipeline Project Engineer
This full-time position will be stationed at a Client office for approximately 18-months (project dependent). Field work will be required near the end of the detailed engineering phase and ramp up as the project moves towards field construction, commissioning and start-up.
Successful candidate is a results-oriented professional with 5+ years’ progressive pipeline projects experience and the following abilities and experience.
Keys for Success
- Make decisions and recommendations using established project management tools, standards, and processes.
- Develop solid project execution workplan to deliver project on an accelerated schedule to meet winter construction constraints and testing deadlines.
- Ensure project plan is schedule driven, end-to-end; identifies required resource base and structure; and project needs, milestones, deliverables, schedule, critical path items, and interdependencies required to execute effectively are included and proactively managed.
- Solid understanding of pipeline projects in terms of regulatory, stakeholders, engineering, procurement, contracting, field construction, commissioning and turnover.
- Confirm design meets all required design codes (CSA Z662, B31.3, etc.) and registration requirements; support and drive the regulatory application process.
- Work closely with sub-surface testing group to ensure project aligns with their requirements.
- Ensure solid stakeholder, third-party, and cold-eyes reviews occur in a timely manner.
- Work with pipeline operations group to ensure a quality, fit for purpose design is completed and handed over to operations on schedule.
- Manage change to project scope, budget and timelines using an established change management process.
- Identify and handle project risks, issues, and dependencies and coordinate / align team members from various organization and groups to ensure project is delivered on budget, on schedule and with the highest quality.
- Take leadership role during engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and completion phases.
- Develop Engineering Provider and Construction Provider scopes of work; partner with supply chain to set up contracts and manage them to completion.
- Support monthly stewardship to ensure accurate and timely reporting of project schedule, cost forecasts, and risks; expedite delivery of project reporting and change management updates from Project Team.
- Motivated self-starter and dedicated team player with a client-service mindset and desire to work with client to proactively identify and seek additional project opportunities for Rally.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills to work with dynamic and diverse groups, facilitate effective meetings, explore varying perspectives, hold others accountable, and align and lead a team to drive the project.
- Solid understanding of project management fundamentals (scope, time, budget, risk, quality, integration, resource management, etc.) coupled with a commitment to enforce and engage in Project Management of Change.
- Ability to provide occasional technical support an asset.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract for project related travel, as required.
- 4-year degree in engineering from an accredited university and registration with APEGA.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all applicants for considering an opportunity with Rally Engineering. Please note, only candidates considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and hold a valid Canadian SIN.
Employment Type: FULL TIME, TEMPORARY
Locations: Calgary Office2500 144-4 Ave SWCalgary, AlbertaCanadaT2P 3N4
Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, November 3, 2019