Intermediate Process Engineer
We are seeking motivated self-starters and team contributors with 5+ years of progressive engineering experience within an EPCM / industrial plant environment to join our team. Successful candidates are committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs for our Clients and proven experience & proficiency with:
Keys for Success
- Perform conceptual, basic, and detailed engineering design in accordance with project execution plan and design / regulatory guidelines.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support on technical issues (mentor more junior engineers & designers).
- Define and steward engineering scope of work and monitor schedule, costs, quality (key drawings, design concepts, calculations, etc.).
- Interface with all project team members and Client representatives; coordinate with Client to ensure timely receipt and delivery of information.
- Prepare reports & estimates (e.g. man-hour estimates, deliverable lists, and discipline lead status reports).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Process activities studies such as hydraulic calculations, process simulations, Relief device sizing, P&ID & LDT development, PFD & H&MB development, control philosophy development, Process Hazard Assessment by utilizing industry software. Familiarity with UniSim or Hysys simulation and AFT Fathom hydraulic software is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of industry codes and standards applicable to the discipline, i.e. API 505, 520, 521, 526, 2000; ANSI, NFPA, etc.
- Plan own work on multiple projects; able to work independently on project deliverables and interact with clients and other disciplines.
- Recognized leadership experience and proven ability to successfully:
- Plan engineering work execution
- Prepare key deliverables
- Ensure conformance to established standards throughout project stages
- Ensure QA/QC for all process deliverables are completed
- Strong technical skills in Process Simulation using the proper software such as UniSim or Hysys and hydraulic evaluation.
- Experienced in equipment and instrument sizing/selection such as separators, columns, pumps, control valves, PSVs, etc.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Field engineering/discipline-specific construction support.
- Active participation in discipline-specific HAZOP / HAZID / 3D Model Reviews / JHAs or other formal project reviews as applicable for the respective discipline.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Chemical Engineering degree through an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registration with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) and has an engineering seal.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Sarnia Office1337 London RoadSarnia, OntarioCanadaN7S 1P5
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2022
Expiration Date: Sunday, March 27, 2022