Intermediate Process Engineer
Seeking motivated self-starters and team contributors with 5+ years of progressive engineering experience within an EPCM / industrial plant environment to join our Sarnia team. Successful candidates are committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs for our Clients.Key Activities and Responsibilities
Keys for Success
- Perform conceptual, basic, and detailed engineering design in accordance with project execution plan and design/regulatory guidelines.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support on technical issues (mentor more junior engineers/designers).
- Define and steward engineering scope of work and monitor schedule, costs, quality (key drawings, design concepts, calculations, etc.).
- Interface with all project team members and Client representatives; coordinate with Client to ensure timely receipt and delivery of information.
- Prepare reports/estimates (e.g. man-hour estimates, deliverable lists, and discipline lead status reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Process activities/studies such as hydraulic calculations, process simulations, relief device sizing, P&ID and LDT development, PFD and H&MB development, control philosophy development, and Process Hazard Assessment by utilizing industry software. Familiarity with UniSim or Hysys simulation and AFT Fathom hydraulic software is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of industry codes and standards applicable to the discipline, (i.e. API 505, 520, 521, 526, 2000; ANSI, NFPA, etc.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Plan own work on multiple projects; able to work independently on project deliverables and interact with clients and other disciplines.
- Recognized leadership experience and proven ability to successfully:
- plan engineering work execution;
- prepare key deliverables;
- ensure conformance to established standards throughout project stages;
- ensure QA/QC for all process deliverables are completed.
- Strong technical skills in Process Simulation using the proper software such as UniSim or Hysys and hydraulic evaluation.
- Experienced in equipment and instrument sizing/selection such as separators, columns, pumps, control valves, PSVs, etc.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Field engineering/discipline specific construction support.
- Active participation in discipline-specific HAZOP / HAZID / 3D Model Reviews / JHAs or other formal project reviews as applicable for the respective discipline.
Join our Team and Discover
- Chemical Engineering degree through an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registration with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) as a professional engineer (P. Eng.) and has an engineering seal.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be a part of an exciting and innovative company. Please apply with a cover letter (tell us why you stand out in the crowd) and your resume.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian
Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Sarnia OfficeSuite 302, 265 Front Street NorthSarnia, OntarioCanadaN7T 5S6
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2022
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2022