Intermediate Project Engineer
The Int. Project Engineer reports to the Manager, Projects at the Rally Office based in Calgary.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to submit your resume.Keys for Success
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Communicate transparently to build respect and trust within the project team.
- Demonstrate sound decision-making with a cost-management and continuous improvement mindset, including identification of areas for improvement and sharing recommendations with leaders to facilitate change.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in response to a changing environment.
- Work experience with increasing responsibility in various positions on projects.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in multi-disciplined environments.
Qualifications - Education, Skills and Experience:
- Integrate project activities, plans, and deliverables from all project disciplines, functions and stakeholders.
- Lead work on per Project Execution Plan through an integrated project team.
- Ensure successful execution of work plans through effective delegation of work and appropriate follow-up.
- Capture and monitor project Key Performance Indicators (KPI) throughout project execution and implement corrective action as required.
- Provide meaningful and constructive feedback to members of the project team and follow up on agreed upon outcomes.
- Prioritize effectively by setting goals and expectations to ensure execution of disciplines.
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
- Assist Project Manager with drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules.
- Prepare project organization and communication charts.
- Chair site meetings and distribute minutes (through assigned Project Administrator) to project team members.
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team.
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Review field inspection reports from consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, etc.
- Maintain Contract Execution Tracking Log.
- Assist Project Manager in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Track & manage contemplated project decisions, change notices and change orders.
- Prepare substantial completion certificates; ensure all required project close out documents are obtained.
- Keep the Project Manager and other relevant stakeholders informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations.
- Manage multiple assigned projects and corresponding cost, schedule, quality and safety of all assigned projects.
- Work with department heads as required to ensure resources are available and utilized optimally.
- Minimum four (4) year Engineering Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and registration with provincial governing body.
- P. Eng. designation required
- 5-10 years’ progressive experience.
- Expertise with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Soft skills – such as communication, multi tasking, shifting priorities, meeting deadlines, leading, managing, coaching, organizing, customer services, teamwork, collaboration, etc.
Rally Engineering offers the opportunity to participate in world-class projects delivering fit-for-purpose solutions and systems. Our expertise in oil sands, refining, petrochemicals, pipeline segments and renewables is extensive and growing. Covering both operational and engineering needs Rally offers a high degree of experience, technical knowledge, skill, innovation, and attention to detail on all our projects. Rally is a Canadian-owned and operated company built on a foundation of quality services, trust, effective communication, and respect. Rally values the entrepreneurial spirit that leads to innovation, stronger families, and greater diversity. Visit us at www.RallyEng.comJoin Our Team and Discover
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Calgary OfficeSuite 640, 202 6th Avenue SWCalgary, AlbertaCanadaT2P 2R9
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2023
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2023