Intermediate Electrical Engineer
We are seeking motivated self-starters and team contributors with 8+ years progressive engineering experience, within an EPCM / industrial plant environment, to join our team. Successful candidates are committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs for our Clients, and proven experience / proficiency with:
Keys for Success
- Perform conceptual, basic, and detailed engineering design in accordance with project execution plan and design / regulatory guidelines.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support on technical issues (mentor more junior engineers / designers).
- Define and steward engineering scope of work and monitor schedule, costs, quality (key drawings, design concepts, calculations, studies, etc.).
- Interface with all project team members and Client representatives; coordinate with Client to ensure timely receipt and delivery of information.
- Prepare reports / estimates (e.g. man-hour estimates, deliverable lists, and discipline lead status reports).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in electrical studies such as short circuit and load flow analysis, motor starting, protection coordination, arc flash study, grounding study, etc., by utilizing industry software (ETAP, SKM, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Canadian Electrical Code; familiarity with industry codes and standards applicable with the discipline, i.e. IEEE, NEMA, NFPA, API, etc.
Recognized leadership experience and proven ability to successfully:
- plan engineering work execution;
- steward project deliverables and prepare key deliverables;
- ensure conformance to established client and industry standards and codes throughout project stages.
- review and ensure QA/QC for all electrical deliverables are completed.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
Join Our Team and Discover
- Electrical Engineering degree through an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registration with Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) and has an engineering seal.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Friday, February 3, 2023
Expiration Date: Monday, May 15, 2023