Jr. - Int. Mechanical Engineer
We are seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join our team for a client-site assignment in Sarnia, ON. Opportunity is full-time for a period of 6-months with possibility of extension. Living Out Allowance (LOA) is offered depending on successful candidate’s home location.
You will work within a larger team providing technical support to operations and maintenance teams; work collaboratively with others to provide sound engineered solutions to solve operational issues, through repairs or new installations; and provide field-level support to ensure repairs / installations are performed as specified. Additional accountabilities include:
KEYS FOR SUCCESS
- Develop detailed repair plans and present to stakeholders for execution.
- Ensure all assets are maintained according to all applicable codes and standards.
- Perform technical reviews of maintenance and reliability instructions and specifications; update as required.
- Plan and prioritize to make timely decisions on projects; manage competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Develop engineering packages for procuring new equipment.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Participate in maintenance and operations problem solving as well as assisting in field troubleshooting activities.
- Follow all safety protocols and procedures; no shortcuts.
- Motivated self-starter with a positive, solutions and safety-focused mindset (safety as a core value).
- Willingness to learn, coupled with making timely decisions, which consider competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented – you work effectively within a team, sharing experience, resources, knowledge and prioritize through active collaboration.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience with ASME and / or API codes is an asset as is experience working in an industrial setting with heavy equipment.
JOIN OUR TEAM AND DISCOVER
- 4-year degree in mechanical engineering from accredited university
- Registered with governing provincial body and engineering stamp
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd!).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Sarnia OfficeSuite 302, 265 Front Street NorthSarnia, OntarioCanadaN7T 5S6
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020
Expiration Date: Sunday, February 23, 2020