Jr. - Int. Piping Designer
Seeking motivated self-starters and team contributors, with 2-7 years’ progressive engineering experience within an EPCM / industrial plant environment, to join our team. Successful candidates are committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs for our clients, with a demonstrated willingness to learn and excel in a flexible fast-paced environment.
Essential Experience: 3D Openplant Modeling 2D Drafting using Microstation. Assist with multi-discipline field checks, when required.Work Location: client site (Regina, SK) with possibility of partial hybrid (work from home)
- Experience with Electronic Document Management Systems (revision control).
- Familiarity and knowledge of petrochemical manufacturing environment an asset.
- Knowledge of ASME codes (specifically ASME B31.3) and industry design practices in the Piping/Mechanical discipline.
- Complete all design activities for small scale plant modifications.
- As-Building experience required (including redlined drawings and field investigation).
- Able to work in the office and in the field.
Keys for Success
- Duration: 1 year
- Schedule: anticipated schedule is Mon – Fri: 8 hours per day
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail, willingness to learn and excel in a flexible fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in preparing 3D piping models using 3D design software.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Embrace a learning environment with a focus on obtaining knowledge and increasing technical competencies.
- Proficiency in managing shifting priorities in a multi-tasked environment.
- Anticipating change and developing growth plans.
- Site-based experience – an asset.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Technology school diploma (preference given to Mechanical Design / Drafting) from a recognized post-secondary institution (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Expiration Date: Friday, September 29, 2023