The Jr. Expeditor reports to the Procurement & Contracts Manager at the Rally Head Office (Sherwood Park location). This will be a part-time role with the hopes of turning to a full-time role for the successful candidate.
Rally Engineering offers the opportunity to participate in world-class projects delivering fit-for-purpose solutions and systems. Our expertise in oil sands, refining, petrochemicals, pipeline segments and renewables is extensive and growing. Covering both operational and engineering needs Rally offers a high degree of experience, technical knowledge, skill, innovation, and attention to detail on all our projects. Rally is a Canadian-owned and operated company built on a foundation of quality services, trust, effective communication, and respect. Rally values the entrepreneurial spirit that leads to innovation, stronger families, and greater diversity.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to submit your resume.Keys for Success
- Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry, preferably within an EPCM environment, would be an asset.
- Knowledge of expediting and purchasing processes and techniques.
- Exceptional interpersonal (verbal / written) skills (tactful, diplomatic, professional) coupled with a collaborative working style for building relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management coupled with a proficiency in managing shifting priorities in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and must have strong computer skills in MS Office products.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Act as liaison between vendors, clients, and engineering.
- Monitor the expediting progress of equipment and materials.
- As needed, coordinate with document control to obtain and return vendor drawings and documents.
- Generate documents, organize and manage files, and maintain tracking data and reports.
- Update project team regarding vendor drawings and documents, equipment, and materials delays and follow-up on vendor’s plan to restore schedule.
- Provide assistance as required in organizing shop inspections.
- Provide assistance as required for transportation and logistics, material management and tracking.
- Review invoices for compliance with purchase orders.
- Attend weekly meetings when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management or certificate from a Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-4 years expediting experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: PART TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Thursday, May 4, 2023
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023