If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to submit your resume.ResponsibilitiesJunior
- Assignments of limited scope and complexity; primarily engaged in equipment engineering design / drafting (discipline specific) – work is supervised in detail.
- Decisions are made within established guidelines.
- Exposed to technical standards, regulations and procedures.
- Working knowledge of codes and regulatory obligations to proactively ensure requirements are incorporated into the design.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling software and scanning.
- First level of specialization in complex applications and first level of direct supervision in preparation for Lead assignment.
- Prepare detailed drawings & 3D models.
- Ensure packages are checked per established procedures.
- Review vendor and other discipline drawings to identify interferences.
- Coordinate and communicate designs with Clients and other disciplines and participate in or complete model reviews.
- Ensure designs and drawings comply with all relevant codes, standards, and Company / Client specifications.
- Interface with other disciplines to progress production.
- Provides technical guidance to personnel of less experience; seeks technical guidance for unusual or complex problems.
- Knowledgeable in industry / regulatory / environmental requirements, to proactively ensure requirements are incorporated into the design.
- Estimate development support.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the numerous department stakeholder’s expectations and expert contributions and how they can contribute to the project success.
- Technical evaluation of vendor / contractor proposals.
- Field engineering / discipline specific construction support, input to support resolution of discipline specific RFIs.
- Active participation in discipline specific HAZOP / HAZID / 3D Model Reviews / JHAs.
- Experience with 3D modeling software and scanning.
Qualifications - Education, Skills and Experience:
- Experienced with solid working knowledge of their industry; could have responsibility for technical projects and / or project budgets and will complete checking of documents for technical accuracy.
- First level of direct sustained supervision over other technologists or full design specialization.
- Assigns and reviews work of subordinate design staff and supervises designers and drafters to ensure timely and accurate delivery of construction and as-built drawing and document packages. Seen as an expert on technical matters.
- Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues and, without formal guidelines or precedents, exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to resolve technical issues; escalates complex issues to engineering support.
- Provides technical support to engineers and other similar professionals.
- Research relevant historic drawings to identify deficiencies and develop plans to mitigate such deficiencies.
- Gathers and compiles applicable drawing information and participates in project scoping, conceptualizes and creates detailed designs and drawing requirements in early stages of project development, and estimate drafting cost and effort.
- Performs Quality Assurance and Quality Control of completed designs and drawings and executes or monitors drawing and document tracking and archiving procedures (discipline checking completed).
- Develops design and drafting specifications and standard drawings, prepare P&IDs, and PFDs during initial stages of a project.
- Prepare man-hour estimates and project schedules and provide Project Engineer with milestone progress (monitor and report on quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of detailed design and related drafting work).
- Develop detailed designs and 3D models and drawings with a focus on delivering high quality and cost-effective designs / packages.
- Ensures Client comments are addressed prior to deliverables signoff.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation drafting software and 3D design/drafting software such as AutoPlant, Plant 3D, OpenPlant, Etc.
- Experience with Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel.
- Estimate development support, including discipline specific input into the estimate.
- Able to supervise and provide guidance to a group of project personnel (e.g. technical and non-technical).
- Leadership in discipline specific HAZOP / HAZID / 3D Model Reviews / JHAs.
- Provide guidance and mentor other technologists and designers.
- Extensive knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, 3D modeling software and scanning.
- Proficient in project scheduling and managing assigned discipline project budget.
Visit us at www.RallyEng.comApply
- Years of experience: Jr. (0-4 years). Int. (5-10 years), and Sr. (10+ years).
- Technical Diploma or Certificate from a recognized technology program; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Registration with applicable provincial governing body.
- AutoCAD and / or MicroStation drafting software.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2023
Expiration Date: Tuesday, December 19, 2023