Junior / Intermediate Piping Designer
Seeking motivated self-starters and team contributors, with 2-8 years’ progressive engineering experience within an EPCM / industrial plant environment, to join our team. Successful candidates are committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs for our clients, with a demonstrated willingness to learn and excel in a flexible fast-paced environment.
Keys for Success
- Experience with Electronic Document Management Systems (revision control).
- Familiarity and knowledge of petrochemical manufacturing environment an asset.
- Knowledge of ASME codes (specifically ASME B31.3) and industry design practices in the Piping/Mechanical discipline.
- Complete all design activities for small scale plant modifications.
- As-Building experience required (including redlined drawings and field investigation).
- Able to work in the office and in the field.
- Essential Experience: ability to perform design/drafting in MicroStation and document management in SmartPlant Foundation (SPF) a requirement; ability to perform design/drafting in Plant Design System (PDS) an asset.
- Work Location: due to current COVID-19 safeguards, position will initially work from home. Successful candidate must be willing / able to transition to working on the client site in Joffre, AB; transition to site-based work is dependent upon changes to COVID-19 safeguards and / or client requirements.
- Duration: role will commence as soon as possible and extend to April 2022 (possibility of extension).
- Schedule: anticipated schedule is Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail, willingness to learn and excel in a flexible fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in preparing 3D piping models using 3D design software.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Embrace a learning environment with a focus on obtaining knowledge and increasing technical competencies.
- Proficiency in managing shifting priorities in a multi-tasked environment.
- Anticipating change and developing growth plans.
- Previous owner / operator – site-based experience – an asset.
- Technology school diploma (preference given to Mechanical Design / Drafting) from a recognized post-secondary institution (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
While there are currently no client requirements to be vaccinated and / or show proof of a negative RAS (rapid antigen screen) test, we cannot provide any assurance this may not be required in future. Should the client require proof of vaccination and / or a negative RAS in future, successful candidate must be compliant with this requirement to remain eligible for this site-based assignment (any time or costs associated with RAS testing is the responsibility of the successful candidate). Join Our Team and Discover
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME, TEMPORARY, PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Calgary Office2500 144-4 Ave SWCalgary, AlbertaCanadaT2P 3N4Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5Red Deer Office4915 54 StreetRed Deer, AlbertaCanadaT4N 2G7
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Expiration Date: Sunday, November 21, 2021