Junior Cost Controller
Rally has an opportunity for Junior (0-2 years’ experience) Cost Controller based in our Sherwood Park, Alberta office. Successful candidate is a results-oriented individual with demonstrated aptitude and training in financial controls. The successful candidate will join the Rally Engineering Project Controls team in an entry-level role with opportunity to gain experience and develop a rewarding career in Engineering Project Controls. Typical tasks for a Junior Cost Controller include:
Keys for Success
- Ensure accuracy of information between multiple inputs and align project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) with invoicing requirements.
- Perform tasks such as project initiation, project close-out, and project change management.
- Work closely with Project Managers / Project Engineers to ensure budgeting and coordination processes run smoothly with a focus on maintaining efficiencies; generate progress reports as required or requested.
- Monitor project progress to ensure it is proceeding within the confines of established deadlines and budget limitations.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of project reporting (status reports, internal stewardship reports, quarterly metrics, cost variance reports, etc.) and report on project cost overruns.
- Develop and maintain analytical and cost tracking tools.
- Assist with project closeout process including collection of benchmark metrics and data.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and English communication (written and verbal).
- Detail-oriented team contributor who can consistently meet deadlines and possess the ability to work independently as needed.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship skills coupled with a client-service mindset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to prioritize responsibilities and processes (coordinate and manage cost controls for multiple projects simultaneously).
- Knowledge of Earned Value progress measurement techniques or engineering scheduling and planning software (Primavera) is an asset.
Join our Team and Discover
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driver's abstract for project-related travel.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
Submit your resume and cover letter (tell us how you stand out from the crowd) if you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Expiration Date: Friday, October 14, 2022