Manager, Project Delivery
The Director, Project Delivery reports to the VP, Project Delivery at the Rally Office based in Sherwood Park, Edmonton This role will be involved with the alignment as well as technical and strategic support of Project Management, Construction Management and Engineering Departments.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to submit your resume.Keys for Success:
- Demonstrated commitment to HSE Management in a project environment.
- Thorough understanding of management principles and best practices.
- Effective coaching and delegation skills; empowers reports to create high performing teams capable of delivering consistently high level of quality / quantity work.
- Adept at translating business objectives to individual goals; clearly communicates to achieve required results and create success.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to communicate and influence at all organizational levels in a tactful, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Leads by example; models competencies of a highly organized, dedicated team player with a Client service mindset.
- Excellent time and project management skills, attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Proven ability to lead change in response to internal / external Client needs; established reputation for consistently meeting commitments.
- Solid business acumen; considers how actions will impact organizational profitability and sustainability.
- Use of metrics to measure / manage performance in support of decisions.
- Experience and familiarity with Engineering management, Project Controls, Procurement, and Contract administration an asset.
- Comfortable with management of personnel including performance management, compensation discussions, career development, etc.
Qualifications - Education, Skills and Experience:
- Leads by example and sets the standard for Project Managers and PMT through provision of sustainable, consistent and effective management / direction for all projects to ensure successful project delivery, continuing improvements in capability and achievement of established profit margins.
- Sets individual goals / objectives to align to corporate, client, and project requirements including implementation of consistent project execution strategies aligned to Project Management Manual, Quality Assurance, relationship strategy for existing clients, and leadership and growth for direct reports.
- Responsible to maintain and update the Rally Project Management Manual and steward compliance to manual requirements within the organization. Work must be completed in compliance with established Client and Company standards with a focus on meeting established business objectives.
- Development of new procedures must follow Company development / approval process.
- Provide required support to ensure Business Development function is able to secure new work from new Clients.
- Manage assignment of direct reports; ensure project management teams are suitably resourced with sufficient and capable professionals, and workload is balanced.
- Focus on continual improvement to the PM Process; ensure systems, procedures and guidelines are appropriate, current and effective in supporting project delivery.
- Develop /implement work practices to ensure must-see deliverables are in place and compliant with best practices.
- Responsible for training and developing the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) of Portfolio Managers to ensure: effective Client relation strategies; attainment and sustainment of corporate goals / objectives long-term; knowledge transfer to assigned Project Managers.
- Proven fiscal management skills to maximize operational efficiency and manage assigned budget to meet chargeability levels, control costs, and reduce overheads.
- University graduate in engineering from a recognized institution.
- Registration with governing provincial body; Engineering stamp required (Responsible Member).
- 15+ years progressive demonstrated experience within oil and gas (EPCM) with a proven track record managing a portfolio of projects and a team of project managers.
Rally Engineering offers the opportunity to participate in world-class projects delivering fit-for-purpose solutions and systems. Our expertise in oil sands, refining, petrochemicals, pipeline segments and renewables is extensive and growing. Covering both operational and engineering needs Rally offers a high degree of experience, technical knowledge, skill, innovation, and attention to detail on all our projects. Rally is a Canadian-owned and operated company built on a foundation of quality services, trust, effective communication, and respect. Rally values the entrepreneurial spirit that leads to innovation, stronger families, and greater diversity. Visit us at www.RallyEng.comJoin Our Team and Discover
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Thursday, November 9, 2023
Expiration Date: Sunday, December 31, 2023