Rally Engineering is looking for an Office Administrator that will report directly to the Location Manager in Sarnia. The ideal candidate is an organized, innovative, a team contributor, reacts appropriately to urgent situations that require a quick turnaround, and takes effective action accordingly. If you are a highly motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and are seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to apply. This role encompasses:Administrative Support:
provide office and administrative support to Location Manager in addition to other duties requested by the Business Development Manager and the Manager of Projects.Gatekeeper:
function as an all-around gatekeeper for contacts (colleagues and clients); maintain strong interpersonal relationships with all leadership levels. Keep Management informed and prepared through effective time prioritization and task management. Flag issues requiring immediate attention.Scheduling & Events:
strategically organize meetings, events, and tasks to optimize time and productivity. Assist Business Development Manager with Marketing promotions and events.
Email Management: implement and maintain email filing system (retention rules / policies, auto-direct, etc.) to accurately identify high-priority emails, streamline email communications, and keep inbox organized. Plan & Execute Meetings:
organize all meeting types (executive team, board, client, etc.). Prepare for meetings, gather, and disseminate documentation, prepare agenda, take minutes, send recaps and next step action items to attendees.Manage Communications:
facilitate active communication between all management levels and function as a liaison as required.Event Planning:
assist with planning and execution of various internal company events (team building, employee appreciation, client events, etc.) in addition to external Rally community sponsored events.Create Expense Reports:
review and match expense receipts against associated corporate expense charges; ensure expenses meet company policies and submittal deadlines.Keys for Success
- Proven customer service in dealing with colleagues, clients, and general public in a highly professional manner.
- Efficiency in appointment coordination and planning, demonstrated capacity to prioritize and clarify what is required, when, and for whom.
- Demonstrated diplomacy coupled with an even temperament.
- Experience with drafting and editing professional communication (verbal and written) for various audiences.
- Demonstrated time management skills, ability to meet demanding deadlines with shifting priorities.
- Effective utilization of organizational technology / systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision through self-motivation, resourcefulness, and dependability.
- Effectual teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent business acumen; known for exercising tact, sound judgement, and prioritization.
- Trustworthy – practice discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and flexible approach to work responsibilities.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new software.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Completion of a two-year college certificate in office / business administration.
- Minimum of 3 – 5+ years’ experience in an administrative role with increasing levels of support and accountability for senior-level leaders, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.