Reporting to the Manager of Projects, the Project Engineer will be stationed at the client site, working 40-hours per week for a period of 2-3 months (project dependent). Successful candidate is a results-oriented individual with demonstrated leadership skills, experience with mid to large projects, and the following skills / experience:
Keys for Success
- Significant recent design, maintenance and construction experience.
- Assist in scope development with area team.
- Liaise with Project Solutions (Project Controls, disciplines if/as required), construction, area team to support development of execution plan and baseline documents (scope of services, scope of facilities, project schedule and schedule basis.
- Data gathering and coordination with TDC (Technical Document Control), area team, operations, inspection, and area engineering.
- Support regular status reporting, dashboard development and issuance.
- Depending on workload, other engineering tasks may be assigned.
- Facilitate communication and an exchange of information to proactively resolve project issues.
- Produce, coordinate, or support development of non-technical project deliverables (PEP, DBM, Cost of Service Estimate, etc.) and reports (Action Logs, Trend Logs, Risk Registers, Status Reports, etc.).
- Motivated self-starter, and team contributor, with demonstrated experience within EPCM and industrial plant environments.
- Committed to excellence and adaptable to the needs of our Clients and business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English coupled with the ability to work effectively in a team or independently.
- Proven ability to successfully meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Organized, attentive to details and high proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Join Our Team and Discover
- Graduate of post-secondary engineering program and registration with applicable governing body.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract for project-related travel (as required).
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: TEMPORARY
Locations: Saint John Office101-133 Prince William StreetSaint John, New BrunswickCanadaE2L 2B5
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, October 27, 2019