Project Planner / Scheduler
We are seeking a motivated self-starter and team contributor with 5+ years progressive experience, within an EPCM / industrial plant environment, to join our team. Successful candidate may be assigned to a Rally office or Client site on a part-time or casual basis (opportunity for a permanent position is dependent upon available project work) and brings the following proven experience and skills:
Keys for Success
- Work with all levels of supervision to ensure projects, outages, shutdowns, and maintenance are thoroughly planned and safely executed.
- Develop sequence and lead time for each operation to meet client forecast master schedule.
- Work closely with Project Managers and project teams to ensure scheduling and coordination processes run smoothly with a focus on maintaining efficiencies.
- Monitor / analyze project progression and ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate outside services and monitor flow to and from outside service providers and suppliers.
- Maintain master schedule for each project; identify and record impact of work performed / not performed per schedule.
- Provide periodic project reports with accuracy and timeliness as requested or required.
- Provide recommendations ideas to improve the overall planning and scheduling process.
- Ensure planned work and schedules adhere to established Client and Company standards.
- Take a lead role during initiation phase of construction including requirement for maintenance projects to clarify all details relating to planning, scheduling, and scope of work.
- Review contractor schedules and to ensure plans are realistic and achievable.
- Identify areas of concern and develop or purpose solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and English communication (written and verbal) skills and experience managing multiple / shifting priorities.
- Detail-oriented team contributor who can consistently meet deadlines and possess the ability to work independently as needed.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship skills coupled with a client-service mindset.
- Committed to excellence and adaptable to the needs of our Clients and business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software systems such as Microsoft Office (Excel); experience with Primavera and / or Microsoft Projects for project scheduling and forecasting.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle for projects related to the Oil and Gas industry with proven ability to prioritize responsibilities and processes.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract for project-related travel.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company specializing in the execution of small to mid-sized brown and greenfield projects, with a focus on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
Submit your resume and cover letter (tell us how you stand out from the crowd) if you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company.We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: PART TIME, PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Sarnia Office1337 London RoadSarnia, OntarioCanadaN7S 1P5
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Expiration Date: Sunday, May 30, 2021