Senior Electrcial Engineer
Rally is Growing!
We are seeking a motivated self-starter and team contributor with 10 - 15 years progressive engineering experience, within an EPCM / industrial plant environment, to join our team. This part-time position requires an individual committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs for our Clients, coupled with the following experience:
Keys for Success
- Perform conceptual, basic, and detailed engineering design in accordance with project execution plan and design / regulatory guidelines.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support on technical issues (mentor more junior engineers / designers).
- Define engineering scope of work and monitor schedule, costs, quality (key drawings, design concepts, calculations, etc.). Ensure QA/QC for all electrical deliverables.
- Interface with all project team members and Client representatives; coordinate with Client to ensure timely receipt and delivery of information.
- Prepare reports / estimates (e.g. man-hour estimates, deliverable lists, and discipline lead status reports).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in electrical studies such as short circuit and load flow analysis, motor starting, protection coordination, arc flash study, grounding study, etc. by utilizing industry software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of provincial Electrical Safety Codes, Canadian Electrical Code (must have familiarity with codes and standards applicable with the discipline, i.e. IEEE, NEMA, NFPA, API, etc.).
- Recognized leadership experience and proven ability to successfully:
- plan engineering work execution;
- prepare key deliverables;
- ensure conformance to established standards throughout project stages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English coupled with the ability to work effectively in a team or independently.
- Proven ability to successfully meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Organized, attentive to details and high proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Join Our Team and Discover
- Electrical Engineering degree through an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registration with the provincial governing body as a professional engineer (P.Eng.); engineering stamp required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract for project-related travel (as required).
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: PART TIME
Locations: Sarnia Office1337 London RoadSarnia, OntarioCanadaN7S 1P5
Posted: Monday, January 6, 2020
Expiration Date: Sunday, February 2, 2020