Senior Mechanical Engineers (2)
We have two (2) temporary opportunities for professionals with 10-15 years’ progressive engineering experience (Syncrude site experience an asset) for turnaround work.
Anticipated start date September 3, 2019; completion within 49-59 days (6 days on / 1 day, 10-12-hours). Compensation includes living-out-allowance (individuals responsible for arranging their own accommodation and transportation).
KEYS FOR SUCCESS
- Prepare maintenance scopes of work for the repair, alteration, and/or replacement-in-kind of refinery equipment.
- Perform field walkdowns and collaborate with maintenance and operations personnel to develop repair plans.
- Ensure all work scopes and engineered solutions can be implemented safely and will perform in a safe manner.
- Pursue root causes of equipment damage and/or failures and drive permanent solutions to avoid repeat.
- Design solutions for chronic equipment performance issues.
- Perform all work in compliance with Client standards, programs, and procedures.
- Support continuous improvement of asset strategies / performance, maintenance procedures, and reliability programs.
- Assist technicians in troubleshooting and repairs.
- Repair, modify, and / or replacement in kind of piping, valves, and mechanical equipment.
- Prepare equipment inspection and/or preventative maintenance scopes.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Demonstrated experience with, and an appetite for, turnaround work requiring fast-paced, quick decisions.
- In-depth experience with design of one or more types of industrial equipment.
JOIN OUR TEAM AND DISCOVER
- 4-year degree in mechanical engineering from accredited university
- Registered with governing provincial body and engineering stamp
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd!).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME, TEMPORARY
Locations: Fort McMurrayFort McMurray, AlbertaCanada
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, July 14, 2019