Senior Process Engineer
We are seeking motivated self-starters and team contributors with 10+ years of progressive engineering experience, 10+ years’ of Canadian experience, and 5+ years’ of leadership experience within an EPCM / industrial plant environment to join our team. Experience in the Refinery and petrochemical plant is an asset. This role may have secondment opportunities. Successful candidates are committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs for our clients and have proven experience & proficiency with:
Keys for Success
- Perform process hazard analysis, design and size pressure relief device to protect the process.
- Perform conceptual, basic, and detailed engineering design in accordance with the project execution plan and design / regulatory guidelines.
- Delegate and provide leadership, guidance, and support on technical issues (mentor junior engineers & designers).
- Define, plan, and steward the engineering scope of work and monitor schedule, costs, and quality (key drawings, design concepts, calculations, etc.).
- Interface with all project team members and Client representatives; coordinate with Clients to ensure timely receipt and delivery of information.
- Prepare reports & estimates (e.g., resource estimates, deliverable lists, and discipline lead status reports).
- Plan own work on multiple projects; able to work independently on project deliverables and interact with clients and other disciplines.
- Recognized leadership experience and proven ability to successfully plan engineering work execution, prepare key deliverables, ensure conformance to established standards throughout project stages, and ensure QA/QC for all process deliverables are completed.
- Experienced in process HAZRD assessment and sizing pressure relief devices.
- Active participation in HAZOP/HAZID Reviews.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Process activities studies such as hydraulic calculations, process simulations, Relief device sizing, P&ID & LDT development, PFD & H&MB development, control philosophy development, and Process Hazard Assessment activities by utilizing industry-accepted software. Familiarity with UniSim or Hysys simulation and AFT Fathom hydraulic software is an asset.
- Strong technical skills in Process Simulation and hydraulic evaluation using industry-accepted software.
- Experienced in equipment and instrument sizing/selection, such as reactors, separators, columns, pumps, control valves, PSVs, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting and production improvements in chemical processes is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of industry codes and standards applicable to the discipline, i.e., API 505, 520, 521, 526, 2000; ANSI, NFPA, etc.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Field engineering/discipline-specific construction support.
- Active participation in 3D Model Reviews / JHAs or other formal project reviews as applicable as the Process discipline lead.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Chemical Engineering degree through an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registered with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) as a Practicing professional engineer (P.Eng.).
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd)
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Sarnia OfficeSuite 302, 265 Front Street NorthSarnia, OntarioCanadaN7T 7X1
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2023