Senior Process Engineer
We are seeking motivated self-starters and team contributors with 10+ years of progressive engineering experience, 10+ years’ Canadian experience, 5+ years’ leadership experience within an EPCM / industrial plant environment to join our team. Successful candidates are committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs for our clients and proven experience & proficiency with:
- Major Project Discipline Lead.
- Perform conceptual, basic, and detailed engineering design in accordance with project execution plan and design / regulatory guidelines.
- Delegate and provide leadership, guidance, and support on technical issues (mentor junior engineers & designers).
- Define, plan, and steward engineering scope of work and monitor schedule, costs, quality (key drawings, design concepts, calculations, etc.) of a team of engineers reporting to the lead.
- Interface with all project team members and Client representatives; coordinate with Client to ensure timely receipt and delivery of information.
- Prepare reports & estimates (e.g., resource estimates, deliverable lists, and discipline lead status reports).
Keys for Success
- Sherwood Park, AB office, with occasional client site visits possible.
- Plan own work on multiple projects; able to work independently on project deliverables and interact with clients and other disciplines.
- Recognized leadership experience and proven ability to successfully:
- Plan engineering work execution.
- Prepare key deliverables on schedule & on budget.
- Ensure conformance to established standards throughout project stages.
- Ensure QA/QC for all process deliverables are completed.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Process activities studies such as hydraulic calculations, process simulations, Relief device sizing, P&ID & LDT development, PFD & H&MB development, implementing transient analysis recommendations, control philosophy development, and Process Hazard Assessment activities by utilizing industry accepted software. Familiarity with UniSim or Hysys simulation and AFT Fathom hydraulic software is an asset.
- Strong technical skills in Process Simulation and hydraulic evaluation using the industry accepted software.
- Experienced in equipment and instrument sizing/selection such as separators, columns, pumps, control valves, PSVs, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of industry codes and standards applicable to the discipline, i.e., API 505, 520, 521, 526, 2000; ANSI, NFPA, etc.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Field engineering/discipline-specific construction support.
- Active participation in HAZOP / HAZID / 3D Model Reviews / JHAs or other formal project reviews as applicable as the Process discipline lead.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Chemical Engineering degree through an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registered with the Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) as a Practicing professional engineer (P.Eng.).
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023