Senior Project Manager
We are inviting motivated, results-oriented professionals to submit their application for an assignment at our client’s site in the Red Deer region commencing July/August 2022 and running for approximately twelve months with the potential for extension. Ideally, successful candidate is local to the Red Deer region as no travel reimbursement, relocation allowance or living out allowance will be offered. Key Activities and Responsibilities:
Qualifications - Education, Skills and Experience:
- Facilitating communication and information exchange with Project Stakeholders to resolve technical issues, quality concerns, and project issues.
- Making decisions / recommendations using established project management tools, standards, and processes.
- Expediting delivery of project reporting and change management updates from Project Team.
- Working with a multi-discipline team (engineering, design, drafting, procurement, document controls, operations, maintenance, construction, planning / scheduling).
- Collaborating with Project Managers on the development and review of project plans, estimates, costs, contracts, schedules, and resources to control project cost expenditures.
- Knowledge of turnaround workflow processes and procedures; operational integration and compliance with contractual commitments, terms and conditions, orientation, etc.
- Act as the Engineering Coordinator to understand requirements, review potential solutions with client personnel, and route data back to Rally for execution (act as a conduit to return executable packages back to client site for completion).
- Candidate may be required to work nights during execution of turnaround.
- Project Management engineering degree and/or PMI accreditation preferred.
- Professional with a minimum of 12 years’ experience. Preference will be given to those with prior work history in operating facilities and the following skills, experience, and knowledge.
- Dedicated team player with a client-service mindset and desire to work proactively with our client; successful candidate will be engaged in client’s ongoing processes, meetings, and schedule management of the turnaround execution.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills to work with dynamic and diverse groups, facilitate effective meetings, explore varying perspectives, hold others accountable, and align and lead a team to drive the project.
- Solid understanding of project management fundamentals (scope, time, budget, risk, quality, integration, resource management, etc.) coupled with a commitment to enforce and engage in Project Management of Change (PMP designation an asset).
Join Our Team and Discover
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Successful candidate will be required to submit to drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of working on client site.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 25, 2022