Software Business Analyst
The Software Business Analyst reports to the Lead, Software Developer at the Rally Office based in Sherwood Park. This role will play a crucial role in bridging the gap between the Software Development department and business units. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing business processes, identifying areas for improvement, and translating business needs into technical requirements. Their insights will drive the development of software solutions that support our business objectives.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to submit your resume.Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Qualifications - Education, Skills and Experience:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs and objectives.
- Analyze existing business processes and systems to identify areas for improvement.
- Translate business needs into detailed technical requirements for software development.
- Work closely with software developers to ensure requirements are understood and implemented effectively.
- Conduct gap analyses to determine the state of existing systems versus desired future state.
- Facilitate communication between business units and the Software Development department.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new software.
- Monitor project progress and ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a business analysis role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or Business Analytics certification is an asset.
- Strong understanding of software development processes and project management methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in requirements gathering and analysis techniques.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Soft skills – such as communication, multi tasking, shifting priorities, meeting deadlines, leading, managing, coaching, organizing, customer services, teamwork, collaboration, etc.
Rally Engineering offers the opportunity to participate in world-class projects delivering fit-for-purpose solutions and systems. Our expertise in oil sands, refining, petrochemicals, pipeline segments and renewables is extensive and growing. Covering both operational and engineering needs Rally offers a high degree of experience, technical knowledge, skill, innovation, and attention to detail on all our projects. Rally is a Canadian-owned and operated company built on a foundation of quality services, trust, effective communication, and respect. Rally values the entrepreneurial spirit that leads to innovation, stronger families, and greater diversity. Visit us at www.RallyEng.comJoin Our Team and Discover
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: CONTRACTOR, PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Expiration Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2024