Sr. Mechanical Engineer
The Rally Sarnia office is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our well established industrial mechanical department.WHAT YOU BRING
Motivated self-starter and team contributor with 10+ years’ progressive engineering experience, within an EPCM / industrial plant environment, and/or fabrication / manufacturing environment, along with the following:
JOIN OUR TEAM AND DISCOVER
- Perform conceptual studies, basic, and detailed engineering design in accordance with project execution plan.
- Lead competencies:
- Review the client’s requirements and establish the basic technical approach, design criteria, and deliverables list for each phase of a given project.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support on technical issues (mentor more junior engineers / designers).
- Prepare reports / estimates (man-hour estimates, deliverable lists, discipline lead status reports, etc.).
- Perform planning, reporting, and management of change control; must be able to plan and control mechanical group activities through to successful project completion.
- Technical competencies:
- Prepare key deliverables (MRs, LTDs, CWPs, scoping studies) and ensure conformance to established standards throughout project stages.
- Analyze the requirements of a system and make recommendations for the selection and design of the equipment.
- Develop specifications and issue material requisition for equipment.
- Technical bid evaluation and selection of suppliers.
- Develop mechanical engineering input to EPC estimates.
- Post-award management of suppliers including document review, liaison with design groups, and inspection and testing support.
- Experience with a variety of static and rotating equipment design an asset.
- Competency with alterations to pressure vessels and piping per API 510/570 & NBIC NB-23
- Familiar with welding specification per ASME IX
- Calculation and specification of:
- Process piping per ASME B31.3
- Boilers and pressure vessels per ASME VIII-1/2
- Shell and tube heat exchangers per TEMA / API 660
- Air cooled exchangers per API 661
- Atmospheric storage tanks per API 650/653
- Fired heaters per API 560
- Centrifugal / PD pumps per API 610/674/675
- Degree in engineering from accredited university; must be registered with governing provincial body and have an engineering stamp.
- Note: This is a full-time permanent position. Compensation will be based on experience and expertise.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company executing small to mid-sized brownfield and greenfield projects, with a focus on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
- Enduring client relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, mutual trust, effective communication, and respect.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd!).We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Sarnia OfficeSuite 302, 265 Front Street NorthSarnia, OntarioCanadaN7T 7X1
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023