Sr. Piping Designer
The Piping Designer reports to the Piping Manager at the Rally Office based in Edmonton, Alberta. This is a secondment role based on a client site.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter seeking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to submit your resume.Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Qualifications - Education, Skills and Experience:
- Comply with established project, department, Company, Client, and regulatory codes and standards; and provide engineering design services through the utilization of technical knowledge and tools.
- Perform tasks assigned by Discipline Lead; translate Client specifications and project requirements into 3D models, drawings, sketches, lists of materials and other types of design drawings.
- Name and file documents per Client and Company standards and procedures.
- Incorporate results of preliminary and multi-discipline reviews into design; ensure designs are accurate, functional, safe, and complete prior to submission for checking. Identify information shortfalls or incomplete designs (e.g. missing certified vendor drawings) to Discipline Lead (Designer and / or Engineer) for resolution.
- Identify potential Change Notices or project variances (e.g. scope, budget, schedule) to Discipline Lead (Designer and / or Engineer).
- Engage in personal and continuing program of learning in order to broaden engineering knowledge to improve individual effectiveness and avoid technical obsolescence.
- Experienced with solid working knowledge of their industry; could have responsibility for technical projects and / or project budgets and will complete checking of documents for technical accuracy.
- Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues and, without formal guidelines or precedents, exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to resolve technical issues; escalates complex issues to engineering support.
- Research relevant historic drawings to identify deficiencies and develop plans to mitigate such deficiencies.
- Gathers and compiles applicable drawing information and participate in project scoping, conceptualizes and creates detailed designs and drawing requirements in early stages of project development, and estimate drafting cost and effort.
- Performs Quality Assurance and Quality Control of completed designs and drawings and executes or monitors drawing and document tracking and archiving procedures (discipline checking completed).
- Develop detailed designs and 3D models and drawings with a focus on delivering high quality and cost-effective designs / packages.
- Ensures Client comments are addressed prior to deliverables signoff.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation drafting software and 3D design/drafting software such as PDS and SP3D.
- Experience with Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel.
- Leadership in discipline specific HAZOP / HAZID / 3D Model Reviews / JHAs
- Provide guidance and mentor other technologists and designers.
- Extensive knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, 3D modeling software and scanning.
- Proficient in project scheduling and managing assigned discipline project budget.
- 5-10 years’ experience.
- Technical Diploma or Certificate from a recognized technology program; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Registration with applicable provincial governing body.
- AutoCAD and / or MicroStation drafting software.
- PDS and SP3D design / drafting software.
Rally Engineering offers the opportunity to participate in world-class projects delivering fit-for-purpose solutions and systems. Our expertise in oil sands, refining, petrochemicals, pipeline segments and renewables is extensive and growing. Covering both operational and engineering needs Rally offers a high degree of experience, technical knowledge, skill, innovation, and attention to detail on all our projects. Rally is a Canadian-owned and operated company built on a foundation of quality services, trust, effective communication, and respect. Rally values the entrepreneurial spirit that leads to innovation, stronger families, and greater diversity. Visit us at www.RallyEng.comJoin Our Team and Discover
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2023
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 31, 2023