Sr. Electrical Designer
The Rally head office is seeking a motivated self-starter and team contributors with 10+ years progressive engineering experience, within an EPCM / industrial plant environment, to join our team. Successful candidate is committed to delivering fit-for-purpose approaches and designs for our Clients and brings the following proven experience / proficiencies:
Keys for Success
- Prepare electrical deliverables (single line diagrams, layouts, schematics / wiring diagrams, heat tracing isometrics, panel schedules, cable schedules, etc.) for new and upgraded installations.
- Verify, prepare, implement design calculations (e.g. voltage drop, cable sizing, cable tray loading, conduit fill, electrical heat tracing, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Ontario Electrical Safety Code and the Canadian Electrical Code; knowledge of other regulatory and industry codes / standards an asset.
- AutoCAD and MicroStation experience (AutoPlant, 3D modeling software, and SmartPlant experience an asset); must be comfortable working in a 3D environment and reviewing models.
Recognized leadership experience and proven ability to successfully:
- plan engineering work execution;
- prepare key deliverables;
- ensure conformance to established standards throughout project stages.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail; willingness and ability to excel in a flexible fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Effective communication skills in English (verbal and written) and works equally well in a team or independently.
- Anticipate change, manage shifting priorities, and meet – or exceed – project deliverables and timelines.
- Expertise with MS Office suite of products; Outlook, Word, Excel, and industry software.
Join Our Team and Discover
- Engineering / Electrical Design certificate or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract for project-related travel.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those being considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and maintain a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number for the duration of employment if hired.
Employment Type: FULL TIME
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2023