Technical Document Controller
We have a temporary full-time opportunity based at our client site within a 75 km radius from the city of Edmonton. Anticipated start date is April 2023 with an expected duration of one year (possibility of extension). Successful candidate is a results-oriented, motivated self-starter, previous site experience is an asset. Responsibilities
Keys for Success
- Provide document distribution and record-keeping support to projects; distribute electronic and hard copy project documents between Company, Client, and 3rd Party (Vendors and Suppliers) stakeholders.
- Process incoming/outgoing drawings/procedures/etc.
- Access external site.
- Copy files to a local location.
- Print and/or plot locally or submit to external party.
- Organize hard copies.
- Replace old revisions.
- Support Construction staff with additional tasks.
- Upload documents to project SharePoint site.
- Maintain a current set of drawings/procedures/etc.
- Check document submitted by contractors, to be issued to internal parties, for presentation consistency and compliance with established standards.
- Request documents, drawing numbers and equipment tag numbers on behalf of engineering disciplines.
- Organize filing of technical documents/drawings.
- Participate in document control initiatives or data management tasks as directed.
- Various administrative duties as required.
- Project site experience.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail; willingness and ability to excel in a flexible fast-paced environment.
- Anticipating change, managing shifting priorities in a multi-tasked environment, and successfully meeting project deliverables and timelines.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing TDC Management Software with an understanding of the methodologies used within an Engineering, Construction or Owner environment.
- Effective communication with staff and external vendors at all levels.
- Ability to anticipate project needs and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Solid working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel; and SharePoint experience an asset.
- Effective communication skills in English (verbal and written).
Join Our Team and Discover
- Post-secondary (business, records management or related) or a combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract (work site located within a 75km radius of Edmonton).
- Entrepreneurial spirit that values family and encourages diversity.
- Enduring relationships built on a foundation of quality engineering, trust, effective communication, and respect.
- Stimulating, fast paced, and challenging work atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
- Canadian-owned and operated company focused on delivering value and fit-for-purpose approaches and systems.
If you have the drive, determination, and willingness to go the extra mile and would like to be part of an exciting and innovative company, please forward your resume and cover letter (tell us why you stand out from the crowd).
We thank all applicants for considering an opportunity with Rally Engineering. Please note, only candidates considered for an opportunity will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and hold a valid Canadian SIN.
Employment Type: PROJECT HIRE
Locations: Head Office103 Portage CloseSherwood Park, AlbertaCanadaT8H 2R5
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Expiration Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2023