A Client decided to install a self-contained skid at one of their terminals to inject corrosion inhibitor into a diluent pipeline. Rally provided multi-discipline engineering and design services in support of this project. In an initial design phase, Rally worked with the Client to define the project scope and establish the detailed parameters for the new chemical injection skid. Rally then proceeded into detailed engineering, providing procurement support for the design and fabrication of the new chemical injection system plus engineering services for related site infrastructure.
- Rally prepared construction work packages (CWPs) which included detailed drawings and specifications for process, piping, mechanical, civil, structural, electrical, and instrumentation & controls work.
- Prepared a material requisition (MR) for the new corrosion inhibitor skid including an ‘Envirobox’ for chemical fill, API 12F tank, a pump package inside an enclosure, and junction boxes for power and controls.
- The civil / structural design included screw piles for supporting the corrosion inhibitor skid and cable trays. Lock blocks, gravel, and a culvert provided truck access across a ditch to the corrosion inhibitor skid.
- The electrical design included a new power feed to the skid, a VFD to control the chemical injection pump, and electrical heat tracing to protect the injection lines.
- Rally produced a control narrative and shutdown key for the control of chemical injection, integrating the new system into the Client’s existing facility.
- Rally also provided as-built drawings with the final document turnover.