An electrical service building (ESB) at the Client’s site housed various electrical equipment up to 5 kV. The equipment was nearing the end of its useful service life, justifying the replacement of the ESB and its contents. The ESB provided power to 5 kV mainline pumps, which meant that the shutdown window for replacement would need to be kept short, minimizing lost production costs. Rally worked closely with construction and operations stakeholders to plan the shortest possible outage. This was facilitated by a project decision to replace the existing 5 kV outdoor substation that feeds the ESB at the same time.
- Prepared construction work packages (CWPs) which included detailed engineering drawings and specifications for electrical, structural, and instrumentation field work.
- Prepared material requisitions (MRs) for the procurement of a new electrical service building, 5 kV switchgear, 5 kV MCC, 5 kV capacitors, 480 V MCC, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), and a programmable logic controller (PLC).
- Utilized 3D modelling and scanning technology to create a 3D model of the existing facility. Scanning the existing facility, instead of performing field visits and creating as-built drawings, saved the project a substantial amount of money.
- Worked with the Client’s operations and construction personnel to ensure the successful execution of the project.
- Provided construction support by responding to field requests for information (RFIs).
- Client expectations were exceeded.
- Project was completed on schedule and on budget.