The barge was designed for extreme northern winter cold conditions, and work was completed in accordance with robust oilsands industry standards. Rally’s design scope included:
- Confirmation of process hydraulic design.
- Specification and selection of TFT pumps and auxiliary systems.
- Design calculations including thermal stress and transient analysis (i.e., water hammer).
- Detailed engineering work packages for: piping and mechanical systems, pump intake structures, pump house building, HVAC systems, and electrical distribution and control systems.
- Material take-offs.
- QA/QC of engineering and design documents.
In addition to the design work, Rally provided project planning, scheduling, and procurement services plus field support during barge fabrication, assembly, launch and commissioning.