The Client requested Rally to develop a feasibility study, exploring three potential valve replacement scenarios. Reconfigured piping and structural supports were modeled in significant detail, given the complexity of the system. This led to high confidence in the requested +/-30% cost estimate for each option. The extra up-front scoping effort was realized as a cost saving in the detailed engineering phase.
- Reviews of valve drawings & data sheets.
- 3D modeling to avoid clashes between the larger, heavier new valve and the existing equipment.
- Isometric piping drawings and model shots.
- Detailed critical stress analysis.
- Custom pipe supports and structural checks.
- Provided an authenticated CWP for field work, plus construction-phase engineering support.
- Registered the pressure piping design modifications with provincial authorities on the Client’s behalf.