Evaluate a short-term solution of adding steam purge lines to the existing wedge plug valve in 2022.
- Confirmed that the existing valve is suitable for steam purging.
- Identified steam, condensate, and blowdown tie-ins via discussions with operations and by red-lining the piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Optimized the routing and support of the new steam and condensate piping.
Rally quickly completed this project stage. Detailed engineering solutions began almost immediately to facilitate construction during the next available plant maintenance outage.
Facilitate a long-term solution of replacing the wedge plug valve with a more modern valve in 2023.
- Defined the specifications for the new valve; obtained qualified budgetary quotes from manufacturers.
- Determined the extent of piping and structural modifications needed to install the new valve.
- Defined the E&I scope required to integrate the new valve and actuator into the existing control system.
- Submitted a scoping study report and schedule.
- Provided a Class 4 (+50%/-30%) capital cost estimate (CAPEX) for the recommended replacement valve.