- In-plant experience coupled with proficiency in brown and greenfield projects (plant inspections and feasibility studies to constructible detailed designs and construction support).
- Aging infrastructure (corrosive plant environments) using corrosion resistant materials (structural stainless steel, FRP, etc.).
- Design of structural steel superstructures / buildings in all plant environments.
- Reinforced concrete design using carbon steel, epoxy coated and FRP reinforcing.
- Design of all types of foundations (spread footings, cast in place concrete piles, driven steel pipes, screw piles) in difficult to access and headroom constrained plant environments.
- Industrial buildings (code assessments and building systems design).
- Dynamic analysis of structures and foundations to minimize vibrations in operating equipment.
- Modularization, pre-assembly, and other construction techniques to minimize field labor hours.
- Laser scan technology and 3D layout and design software.
Tim Button Civil/Structural Department Head